These cheesy low-carb stuffed sweet peppers are yummy and super easy to make. You only need a few ingredients to create this healthy and colorful snack in just minutes.
They are stuffed with cream cheese, cheddar cheese, bacon bits and a sprinkle of garlic salt and pepper. They make a great appetizer, side dish or a healthy snack to go. They can be baked or simply enjoyed cold right after you stuff them.
Let’s gather some ingredients and get started. Ask your kids or spouse to help so they can have some fun with you 😉
15-20 mini sweet peppers
8 oz PKG cream cheese (softened)
1 cup cheddar cheese
1 (2.5 oz) PKG real bacon bits
Garlic salt + black pepper
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Wash, cut the peppers in half and remove all seeds and veins.
2. In a bowl, combine both cheeses, bacon bits, salt and pepper.
3. Fill each pepper half with the cheesy mixture.
4. Place the stuffed peppers on a greased pan. Bake at 350F for 20 minutes or until tops are golden brown.
5. Serve warm or enjoy them cold. They taste great either way 😋