Delicious, flavor-packed hearty chili is a dish most of us love. It makes an excellent appetizer when loaded on nacho chips and is a hit at family gatherings and cookouts.
It’s a great meal to make with friends and kids like it too when topped with cheese and sour cream. Yum!
When beef, beans and herbs are blended together, they create a savory hearty stew with a kick. If you’re looking to make this dish keto-friendly, simply eliminate the beans and increase the herbs/spices. Voila!
Gather your ingredients and lets get started.
1 lb ground beef or turkey
1 packet chili seasoning
2 cans diced tomatoes (undrained)
1 can dark red kidney beans
3 gloves garlic, finely chopped
1/2 onion, chopped
1/2 cup fresh cilantro, finely chopped
1 TBSP garlic salt and black pepper to taste
Optional toppings: sour cream, cheese, green onions, oyster crackers
- Brown the beef in a large skillet or Dutch oven until no longer pink.
- Add the onion, garlic, chili seasoning, canned tomatoes and beans. Stir well.
- Add the cilantro and continue cooking on medium heat until well blended.
- Turn the heat on low and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Serve with your favorite toppings.