Baby portabella mushrooms sauteed in butter, freshly chopped garlic, parsley, cracked black pepper and garlic salt.
This low-carb/keto side dish goes great with potatoes and can be mixed with rice or your favorite pasta. You can also pile this high over your favorite protein including steak, pork, chicken or fish.
And of course mixing this with eggs creates a top-notch omelette.
Mushrooms are very low in calories and contain lots of vitamins and minerals including potassium, folate, zinc, copper and magnesium. One cup of raw mushrooms has about 20 calories. That’s it!
So feel free to add some fat and herbs to turn this awesome vegetable into a healthy, low-carb side dish.
- 1 pound baby portabella mushrooms
- 3 cloves chopped garlic
- 4 TBSP grass-fed butter
- 2 TBSP freshly cut parsley
- Garlic salt + pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup water (optional)
- Melt the butter in a pan. Add the mushrooms and sautee on low heat until soft.
- Add the parley, salt and pepper. Mix well.
- Add the water gradually if needed to soften the mushrooms further.