These crunchy, rolled-up fried corn tortillas filled with potatoes and cheese are the ultimate comfort food on a cloudy or sunny day. These cheesy potato taquitos make an excellent appetizer for big gatherings and you can make the filling (of your choice) ahead of time. They are great to snack on with some homemade salsa, sour cream or perhaps some layered dip (which I’d love to share with you.)
Pair these with some refried beans and corn on the side and you’ll have yourself a delicious low-cost dinner which your family will love.
In this recipe, I used potatoes and cheese but feel free to use cooked ground beef, pork, shrimp, fish, beans, rice and almost anything your heart desires. You can seriously fill these tortillas with your favorite “food” and it will rock every time.
Because we all know that anything rolled up and fried = deliciousness!
Yummy goodness in every bite 🙂
So here we go…
- 15 corn tortillas
- 3 boiled Russet potatoes (about 1 cup mashed up)
- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt + black pepper to taste
- Oil for frying
- Peel and boil the potatoes until soft in texture. Mash with a fork and set aside in a bowl.
- Add garlic salt, pepper and cheese to the mashed potatoes. Mix well.
- Fill each tortilla with some of the potato cheese mixture and roll up.
- Fry 4-5 potato taquitos at a time, about 1-2 minutes on each side until crisp and golden brown.
- Place on paper towels to cool off a bit.
- Serve warm with your favorite salsa, dip, or sour cream. Enjoy!