We ate baked sandwiches (zapiekanki) a lot when we were kids. We enjoyed them for lunch, dinner or as a quick appetizer my mom put together when we were expecting company.
I remember snacking on them with my friends during those cool summer evenings in Poland. And eating these after playing outside for hours made us quite content☺
Oh sandwiches (kanapki)! So many childhood memories come to mind just thinking about ’em 😊
Cold deli cuts and cheese go great together. And baking them in the oven improves their flavor big time. The melted butter, gooey cheese, hot ham and crisp salami all combined will make your taste buds smile.
You’ll feel like you’re dining at Panera Bread! And you can’t just eat one. Because they’re way too delish!
Alrighty! Lets head to the kitchen and get started 😋
- 6 Kaiser rolls
- 12 slices of Honey ham
- 12 slices of Salami
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 6 slices of bacon (cut in thirds)
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- Italian seasoning + Garlic Salt
- Cooking Spray
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Slice the rolls in half and place the bottoms in a lightly sprayed 8×8 glass dish.
- Put 2 slices of ham, 2 slice of salami, 2 pieces of bacon and mozzarella cheese on the each roll. Cover with the tops.
- Place a piece of bacon on each roll and drizzle with melted butter.
- Sprinkle with garlic salt and Italian seasoning.
- Bake for 20 minutes until cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Enjoy every bite!
Serve with your favorite condiment. Pepperoncinis, sweet giardiniera or some stone ground mustard go great with these.