If you’re a fan of chocolate and bananas, then you will love this quick and easy frozen dessert made with just a few ingredients.
You’ll need a couple minutes to prep them and a few smiley faces to help you dip and place them in the freezer. And in less than an hour, you’ll be enjoying delicious chocolate covered bananas costing way less than those sold in grocery stores.
And honestly, it’s hard to eat just one chocolate covered banana so cutting them in half helps. That way you can eat 2 halves and say you really just ate one banana.
There you go. No guilt. No worries. Just chocolaty goodness on a craft stick.
You can use dark or milk chocolate, either morsels or bars. And coconut oil works best to smooth out the chocolate when dipping the bananas.
And remember to freeze the peeled bananas for 30 minutes before dipping them in chocolate. This helps with coating and eliminates dripping or gooey messes.
Lets get started with this chocolate goodness!
- 6 bananas
- 2 cups of chocolate morsels
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 12 craft sticks
- cooking spray
- Peel the bananas and cut in half. Insert one craft stick in each banana half and place them on aluminum foil sprayed with canola oil. Freeze for 30 minutes.
- Place the chocolate and coconut oil in a microwave safe glass measuring cup or bowl. Heat for 30 seconds. Mix well with a spoon and repeat for another 30 seconds. Keep repeating until the chocolate is smooth.
- Take the bananas out of the freezer. Dip each banana half in the melted chocolate until well coated.
- Place the chocolate covered bananas back on the aluminum foil and freeze for 30 minutes.
- Keep frozen until ready to eat.
TIP: These bananas can be stored in a large Ziploc bag for up to 4 weeks.