A delicious mix of seasoned ground beef, buttery rice, sweet peppers, sauteed onions, fresh herbs and spices.
This flavor-packed dish can be served as a side or eaten as a full course meal. It’s all how your taste buds feel so lets get started!
When cooking the ground beef, do not drain all the fat. Keep some of it in the pan to add flavor to the rice.
- 1 lb ground beef OR pork sausage
- 1/2 onion (diced)
- 3 cloves fresh chopped garlic
- 1 green, red or yellow pepper h(diced)
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 1/4 cup freshly chopped herb of your choice (parsley or cilantro)
- Spices (the amount is up to you; our taste buds vary so add as much or as little as you like) – paprika, cajun seasoning, garlic salt, pepper, bay leaf
- Brown the ground beef on a pan until no longer pink. Drain some of the fat and keep the rest for added flavor.
- Add the garlic, onion, pepper, butter and spices to the beef. Saute until soft in texture.
- Add the cooked rice and fresh herbs. Mix well and let simmer on low for 10-15 minutes.
- Enjoy by the spoonfuls!