This delicious taco dip is always a hit at birthday parties and social gatherings of any kind. I make this a lot when I hang out with my friends because it is the perfect appetizer to share and munch on for hours.
It goes well with tortilla chips or by the spoonfuls. It is delish (love this word) no matter how you want to enjoy it. Just dig in and voila! You’ll see how quickly it disappears the next time you make it.
Traditional canned refried beans are the best choice for the bottom layer because the fat-free option isn’t as flavor-packed.
You can use sour cream or cream cheese for the creamy mixture or both if you prefer it that way. Add a packet of the taco seasoning and mix well. And now you have your other layer.
Next comes the shredded cheddar cheese which you generously spread on top of the cream mixture. And lastly you layer the fresh diced tomatoes and thinly cut green onions on top to give this dip a beautiful colorful finish.
Alrighty then! Lets get started.
- 15 oz can Traditional refried beans
- 16 oz container sour cream
- 1 oz packet taco seasoning
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 roma tomatoes (diced)
- 3-4 green onions (thinly chopped)
- 1/2 cup sliced black olives (optional)
- Spread the refried beans on the bottom of a 9 x 13 glass pan.
- Mix the sour cream with the taco seasoning in a separate bowl and spread evenly on top of the beans.
- Spread the cheese on top of the creamy mixture.
- Put the tomatoes and green onions on top of the cheese.
- Serve with chips and enjoy!
- Chill any leftovers.