Delicious gooey, cheesy, saucy chicken and black bean enchiladas are the perfect comfort food on a gloomy Monday afternoon.
A bit of rain along with some flurries didn’t stop this awesomeness from cooking in the oven.
And why? Because there was lots of team effort put into this mouth-watering authentic dish created by two great mothers.
Best friends that turn ordinary cooking into spectacular ethnic creations.
And these amazing flavor packed enchiladas are just one of many that have a 5 star rating in our family.
So here it is…
Cook with passion because lets be honest. It just always tastes better that way 😁
12 flour tortillas
2 cups shredded Colby cheese
2 cups cooked shredded chicken
15oz black OR pinto beans
28oz can Old El Paso Red Enchilada Sauce
Optional spices (garlic salt, cumin)
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Put some enchilada sauce on the bottom of a 9×13 glass pan.
3. Fill each tortilla shell with some cooked shredded chicken, cumin, garlic salt, beans and cheese.
4. Roll up the filled tortillas and place them on top of the sauce.
5. Top all the rolled up tortillas with the rest of the sauce and shredded cheese.
6. Bake for 30 minutes until cheese and sauce are bubbly.
7. Serve with sour cream or salsa if you wish.
8. Enjoy every bite!