Delicious, cheesy, gooey jalapeno poppers that melt in your mouth and will be a hit at your next party! If you like them spicy, awesome. If you prefer them mild, no problem.
Just soak them in cold water overnight to get rid of the spicy heat and you’re good to go.
Most of my friends like spicy food but my family and I’d rather stick with the mild versions of deliciousness. Especially Mexican food which I love a ton and tweak its spicy levels to accommodate everyone’s taste buds.
Whichever way you like it, I promise you’ll enjoy these poppers.
So let’s get started…
- 10 jalapenos (cut in half lengthwise)
- 1 (8oz) pkg cream cheese
- 1 cup shredded cheese
- 1/2 cup flour or bread crumbs for coating
- garlic salt
- Cut the jalapenos in half and remove all seeds and stems.
- Mix both cheeses and garlic salt in a bowl and set aside.
- Fill each jalapeno half with the cheese mixture.
- Dip each pepper in the flour or bread crumbs.
- Fry each jalapeno pepper cheese side down first for about 4 minutes. Flip over and fry the other side.
- Place the fried jalapeno poppers on paper towels and let cool before serving.