Strawberries and chocolate are the perfect pair. Strawberries are a fun fruit to eat in the warmer months and chocolate is just awesome! Both combined make an appetizing quick dessert that vanishes in minutes.
Mmmm…just talking about it makes me drool.
As you know, purchasing already made chocolate covered strawberries in a store will cost you a lot. They usually run between $1.50 to $2.00/strawberry. Per single chocolate covered strawberry!!! Yikes!
Making them in your own kitchen is a way better option. They’re delicious, fun to make, cheaper than store-bought and you’ll love them!
Have you ever heard of anyone refusing a chocolate covered strawberry? Like ever? Yeah, I don’t think so either. So let’s get to it and make some. Actually, let’s make a ton because they will disappear quickly.
Store Purchased Chocolate Covered Strawberry
Homemade Chocolate Covered Strawberry
- 2 lbs fresh strawberries (washed and patted dry)
- 1 (12oz) pkg milk chocolate chips
- toothpicks (optional)
- Wash the strawberries and place them on paper towels to dry.
- Insert one toothpick in each strawberry stem. (This helps with dipping)
- Melt the chocolate morsels in a microwave safe glass container. (I place 4 oz at at time and melt them for 45 seconds.)
- Dip one strawberry in the melted chocolate at a time.
- Place the chocolate covered strawberry on a lightly sprayed cookie sheet or aluminum foil.
- Refrigerate for a few hours before serving.